Monday evening Row

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Monday evening Row

GrainneC
Just a quick message to say hello and I'm a new member, joined last saturday. Was thinking of doing the Monday evening row next week, what time does it start at again?
Thanks, Grainne
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Monday evening Row

alan.m
Administrator
Hi Grainne, believe it or not there are often two rows on Mondays - one is at 5.30, a quick row down to Blackrock or up to the Mercy and back, and a few of us also do race training at 6.30, around an hour also. You are welcome to do either, or even both if you are really keen! :-)

Keep an eye on the forum or the Facebook group for updates on the day - https://www.facebook.com/groups/naomhogachorcai/
Reply | Threaded
|

Diana
In reply to this post by GrainneC
Hi Gráinne,

Welcome to the club!!

There are usually two rows on Monday evening:

-An express row at 5.30pm( express = without a break) and
-Regatta training at 6.30pm ( a few of us practice some buoy turns and speed rowing to train for the regattas that happen in the West of the country( Connemara, Clare and Kerry) during the summer season (also without a break)

Both rows depend on numbers. There might be some mondays that only 2/3 people turn up and they are unable to lift a boat( it's doable but some people prefer to leave it off if it's only a couple of rowers) and there might be some mondays that you get 8-10 people and you get 2 boats in for both rows.

If you are a morning person, there are 2 rows in the morning, tuesdays and thursdays at 7am sharp. Coffee break after the row for whoever has time.

There are also 2 other evening rows, Wednesday, which is the most attended one, 6.30pm( break in the middle of the row) and another one on Thursday at 6.15 which also depends on numbers like the express one on monday 5.30.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much! Let me know if you need any other info

Diana
Reply | Threaded
|

GrainneC
Hi Diana,

Thank you so much for all the information. Hope to do the 5.30pm row this evening. Think I'm too much of a novice to try the regatta training!

Many thanks,
Grainne
Reply | Threaded
|

GrainneC
In reply to this post by alan.m
Hi Alan,

Many thanks for the info! Looking forward to hopefully getting out for the 5.30 pm row.

Kind regards,
Grainne
Reply | Threaded
|

Diana
Cool Grainne,

If you are on fb check if someone has posted something about this evening 5.30 row,just in case you are travelling down and you don't get enough numbers. Hopefully you will get a row! 

On Mon 16 Jul 2018, 10:35 GrainneC [via Naomhoga Chorcai Forum], <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alan,

Many thanks for the info! Looking forward to hopefully getting out for the 5.30 pm row.

Kind regards,
Grainne

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://naomhoga-chorcai-forum.86717.x6.nabble.com/Monday-evening-Row-tp343p349.html
To start a new topic under say hello!, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from say hello!, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

GrainneC
Hi Alan....not on Face Book...still trying to avoid it..may have to give in though...not a problem if I dont get a row as i only live a 15 min walk away!
Reply | Threaded
|

Diana
I'm same as you Grainne, a bit antifacebook! Go at 5.30...some people might turn up

On Mon 16 Jul 2018, 13:35 GrainneC [via Naomhoga Chorcai Forum], <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alan....not on Face Book...still trying to avoid it..may have to give in though...not a problem if I dont get a row as i only live a 15 min walk away!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://naomhoga-chorcai-forum.86717.x6.nabble.com/Monday-evening-Row-tp343p351.html
To start a new topic under say hello!, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from say hello!, click here.
NAML