Date: Sunday 7th May
Time:
Shandon Boat Club (if you wish to car pool): 11.20am
Crosshaven: 12.00pm
On Water: 1.30pm
Course: Crosshaven - Spitbank -Cobh - Hawlbowline - Crosshaven
L.W. 10.21 H.W. 16.18
Conditions: Dry.Light Breeze 3m/s from the south-south east

Rowing against the tide out to Roches Point but the tide with us as we turn back to row outside Spike, around Spitbank, alongside Cobh and returning to Crosshaven via Hawlbowline Bridge against a slack tide. Approx 10 n/m. At the moment gusts are forecast for Friday and Saturday so we will keep an eye in case this moves to Sunday, in which case we will need to plan an alternative row.

In the meantime, as this row is leaving from Crosshaven, places are limited by the number of boats we can trailer and towers available. It is necessary to sign up in advance. CAPTAINS - please get in touch with your crew first and then sign up as a full or partial crew before Friday 5th - it really helps with the logistics. Thanks!
I will try to accommodate as many people as possible. All welcome to sign up but people training for the race will be given first priority. Boats will be loaded after the Saturday row - Captains should ensure that at least two of your crew are available to help out. Please indicate if you are available to tow. Thanks to Alan, Jack, Ed and Jim for towing last time.

I have included the original training schedule sent out in January in case anyone needs it to plan around the next few training sessions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NxbMyukBHCVU6x8rxQ0NxSHcvDpJEw81dBH3X-HBwNc/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot
Rose
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ocean to City Training 6

jackokeeffe
I can tow
And I know
Where to go

On 2 May 2017 23:37, "[hidden email] [via Naomhoga Chorcai Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Time:
L.W. 10.21 H.W. 16.18

Rowing against the tide out to Roches Point but the tide with us as we turn back to row outside Spike, around Spitbank, alongside Cobh and returning to Crosshaven via Hawlbowline Bridge against a slack tide. Approx 10 n/m. At the moment gusts are forecast for Friday and Saturday so we will keep an eye in case this moves to Sunday, in which case we will need to plan an alternative row.

In the meantime, as this row is leaving from Crosshaven, places are limited by the number of boats we can trailer and towers available. It is necessary to sign up in advance. CAPTAINS - please get in touch with your crew first and then sign up as a full or partial crew before Friday 5th - it really helps with the logistics. Thanks!
I will try to accommodate as many people as possible. All welcome to sign up but people training for the race will be given first priority. Boats will be loaded after the Saturday row - Captains should ensure that at least two of your crew are available to help out. Please indicate if you are available to tow. Thanks to Alan, Jack, Ed and Jim for towing last time.

I have included the original training schedule sent out in January in case anyone needs it to plan around the next few training sessions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NxbMyukBHCVU6x8rxQ0NxSHcvDpJEw81dBH3X-HBwNc/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot
Rose

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://naomhoga-chorcai-forum.86717.x6.nabble.com/Ocean-to-City-Training-6-tp107.html
To start a new topic under Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Susanne
In reply to this post by rosemagner@gmail.com
I'm in please Rose.
Reply | Threaded
|

jimmythegreek
Will go and tow. Will confirm re crew.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maighrea_d
In reply to this post by jackokeeffe
Hi Rose

I am away this weekend, but Austin is available to sub in for any crew who is down a rower. If oversubscribed don't worry.

Maighread
Reply | Threaded
|

Marie
All our crew will be there
Marie, Ciara, Tara, Frank.
Reply | Threaded
|

jimmythegreek
Our full crew - 3 hand racer will be there on Sunday. Jim
Reply | Threaded
|

jackokeeffe
Collette and I confirm.  Not Colm and no reply from Martha who is abroad.

On 2 May 2017 23:37, "[hidden email] [via Naomhoga Chorcai Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Time:
L.W. 10.21 H.W. 16.18

Thanks a lot
Rose

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://naomhoga-chorcai-forum.86717.x6.nabble.com/Ocean-to-City-Training-6-tp107.html
To start a new topic under Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

MCleary
Hi
Full crew (4 hand racer) up for row on Sunday.  Only 1/2 of us can make shandon for load-up but can tow a trailer out if needs be - other 2 can follow out to Crosshaven and can tow back etc
See ye then

Mike, Dave, Stephen, Lar
Reply | Threaded
|

rosemagner@gmail.com
ROW FULL for the moment. Apologies to anyone who didn't get their name in - we are limited by the numbers of boats we can get to Crosshaven. If you would like to row, put down your name anyway and I'll see what comes up. We usually end up being able to accommodate everyone in the end.