Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flood Works

jackokeeffe

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 12:22, Jack O'Keeffe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi 

Here is the email thread with Mary.

I hope to publish a consolidated note with the next NC newsletter.

Jack
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 14:38
Subject: Re: Flood Works
To: Mary Doran <[hidden email]>

Hi Mary

I am very grateful for this.. 

The lifting barrier on the north channel will now be full width of the river.  The portage access between the north & South channels at the split weir is guaranteed.  The slip at Thomas Davis bridge is to have vehicle access - I think you say this but it is not absolutely clear.  I also not the relocation of the dyke at Fitzgerald park. 

I heard a significant drawback on the intervention by way of walls - at the cost of fooding more land in the flood plains.  

I expect all is on a website update - I have not checked for it yet 

Jack 

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 at 12:21, Mary Doran <[hidden email]> wrote:
Joya and Jack

I am attaching a copy of the notes that I scribbled at the LLFRS presentation at City Hall with OPW, Arups and Valerie O'Sullivan ( Director of Services).

The Director assured us at the end of the meeting that there were never any walls that this was a deliberate misrepresentation by others. I was quite taken aback by this.

However I am sending this to you who were at the meeting to see if this is consistent with your recollection.If you have anything to add or wish to amend the account, please do.

I may send a copy to the director , for the record, especially with regard to repairs to quay walls and statement about future walls.
Regards
Mary
--
Mary Doran

12 Sunday's Well Avenue, Cork.
T: 021 4302482  M: 087 2886737

--
Jack O'Keeffe
Mob +353 87 2663588

--
Jack O'Keeffe
Mob +353 87 2663588

--
Jack O'Keeffe
Mob +353 87 2663588
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Flood Works

jackokeeffe

Hi 

Here is the email thread with Mary.

I hope to publish a consolidated note with the next NC newsletter.

Jack
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 14:38
Subject: Re: Flood Works
To: Mary Doran <[hidden email]>

Hi Mary

I am very grateful for this.. 

The lifting barrier on the north channel will now be full width of the river.  The portage access between the north & South channels at the split weir is guaranteed.  The slip at Thomas Davis bridge is to have vehicle access - I think you say this but it is not absolutely clear.  I also not the relocation of the dyke at Fitzgerald park. 

I heard a significant drawback on the intervention by way of walls - at the cost of fooding more land in the flood plains.  

I expect all is on a website update - I have not checked for it yet 

Jack 

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 at 12:21, Mary Doran <[hidden email]> wrote:
Joya and Jack

I am attaching a copy of the notes that I scribbled at the LLFRS presentation at City Hall with OPW, Arups and Valerie O'Sullivan ( Director of Services).

The Director assured us at the end of the meeting that there were never any walls that this was a deliberate misrepresentation by others. I was quite taken aback by this.

However I am sending this to you who were at the meeting to see if this is consistent with your recollection.If you have anything to add or wish to amend the account, please do.

I may send a copy to the director , for the record, especially with regard to repairs to quay walls and statement about future walls.
Regards
Mary
--
Mary Doran

12 Sunday's Well Avenue, Cork.
T: 021 4302482  M: 087 2886737

--
Jack O'Keeffe
Mob +353 87 2663588

--
Jack O'Keeffe
Mob +353 87 2663588